This error could happen not only windows 8, But also windows 7 or server 2008, 2008R2. Before I got the way to solve this problem, I spend my nights to solve it with many ways 😦 , after asking to GOOGLE, I found a work around this problem. I got this at a forum. Thank you very much hehe.
Don’t worry if you have another partition that you don’t want it to be erased. It’s safe.
- Download GParted.iso from Gparted-Download
- Burn the iso file into a CD or DVD then boot from CD.
- Create a NTFS partition using the Gparted or format your existing partition into NTFS format.
- The Steps to format a partition into NTFS partition :
- Boot Gparted from CD
- It will take few times to boot ..
- Just keep the default option, press TAB (so the cursor move to OK Button), then hit ENTER to OK
- Select the language, type “33” (without “”) to choose US English
- Next, type 0 to select / start Gparted session
- Click on Gparted just like this :
- Select the partition you want to format, then right click > format to > ntfs
- Now look the format has changed into ntfs, but this needs an apply so the partition is fully changed.
- Wait the process. After applying is finish, go restart your PC then retry to install the OS again normally.
Good Luck 😀